Benefits & advantages of employee engagement
What does engagement mean to businesses?
Boosting employee engagement will result in more customers and more money (see BC VS FTSE100 graph below). There are however so many more reasons why it matters...
- Engaged employees are likely to be loyal to you and your organisation, as well as being proud to work for you. Engaged employees will automatically become Ambassadors for your business to everyone, from clients and customers to users.
- Prioritising engagement in your workplace means that you will automatically cultivate a deeper connection and stronger relationship with all your employees, and that usually means fewer sick days, higher productivity, and fewer conflicts.
- By making engagement a high priority in your business, you will be encouraging a true culture of positive attitudes and behaviours that will benefit both you and your business tremendously in the future.
- Having an engaged workforce ensures that the business' owner, CEO or director is held accountable for their commitment. If your employees are invested, then they will ensure that you keep your promises to make your company a better place to be.
- Every single one of your employees is an expert in their own field; you wouldn't have hired them otherwise! If they are engaged, loyal and bought into your business, then you have a whole team of industry specialists just waiting for you to use them. You can draw on their knowledge, innovation and ideas to really transform your business; all you have to do is ask!